Gynecologic Surgery & Procedures
When you need a gynecologic procedure or surgery, trust the skills and experience of a Cone Health Medical Group physician. You’ll enjoy the support and care of board-certified gynecologists who take time to answer your questions and concerns so you’re as comfortable as possible during your medical procedure.
Learn more about CHMG gynecologists and the conditions we treat.
In-Office Gynecologic Procedures
If your gynecologist recommends an in-office procedure, you’ll benefit from safe, effective and efficient care in a comfortable setting. Take advantage of:
- Colposcopy – Examines the cervix after an abnormal Pap smear
- Contraceptive services
- Essure® tubal occlusion – Permanently blocks the fallopian tubes to prevent pregnancy
- Intrauterine contraceptive device (IUD) services – Place or remove a device that prevents pregnancy
- Subdermal contraceptive implant (Nexplanon®) services – Place or remove a device in the upper arm to prevent pregnancy
- Endometrial ablation – Removes uterine lining to relieve heavy periods (menorrhagia)
- Her Option® Cryoablation – Destroys tissue with extremely cold temperatures
- NovaSure® – Destroys tissue with radio frequency energy
- Endometrial and vulvar biopsies – Collect tissue so it can be examined more closely
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) – Removes abnormal tissue from the cervix
Your doctor may recommend surgery for cancer, incontinence, infertility or other conditions. CHMG gynecologists perform a variety of surgical procedures, including:
- Genesys HTA™ System – Relieves heavy periods by destroying uterine tissue with a heated saline solution
- Hysterectomy – Removes the uterus and, sometimes, the cervix, ovaries or fallopian tubes
- Hysteroscopy – Inserts a thin, lighted tube with a tiny camera through the cervix to diagnose or treat uterine conditions
- Laparoscopy – Inserts a thin, lighted tube with a tiny camera through a small incision at the belly button to diagnose or treat pelvic conditions
- Ovarian and fallopian tube surgery
- Pelvic reconstructive surgery (urogynecology) – Corrects pelvic floor conditions
- Surgical sterilization, including tubal ligation – Permanently prevents pregnancy
- Pelvic organ prolapse repair – Restores pelvic floor anatomy
Minimally Invasive & Robotic Gynecologic Surgery
If surgery is the best treatment for your condition, your gynecologist will explain your options and help you decide which approach is right for you. If you’re a candidate for a minimally invasive procedure, you’ll benefit from:
- Less pain and scarring
- A lower risk of infection
- A quicker recovery
Minimally invasive gynecological surgery techniques offered by CHMG physicians include hysteroscopy, laparoscopy and robotic surgery using the da Vinci® Surgical System.
With the da Vinci, your gynecologist views high-definition 3-D images as he or she guides special instruments that perform extremely precise, accurate and controlled surgical movements.