Whether you’re a seasoned athlete or just getting started with an exercise program, stay at the top of your game with help from Cone Health Medical Group. Our sports medicine physicians are experts in treating and preventing injuries related to physical activity, so you can count on us to get you back on your feet—and keep you there.
Conditions We Treat
Turn to a CHMG sports medicine physician when you experience musculoskeletal and sports-related conditions such as:
- Back and neck injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – Wrist pain caused by compressed nerves
- Concussion – Short loss of normal brain function following a head injury
- Fatigue in athletes
- Non-operative musculoskeletal and sports related injuries
- Overuse injuries, including tennis elbow, jumper’s knee, Achilles tendonitis
- Pain in your bones, joints and muscles
- Running injuries
- Plantar fasciitis – Inflammation on the foot, causing heel pain
- Sprains – Stretched or torn muscles or tendons
- Strains – Stretched or torn ligaments
- Tendinitis – Inflamed or injured tendons
Visit our health library to learn more about conditions that affect the bones, joints and muscles.
Prevent Injuries & Improve Performance
Protect yourself from injuries by seeing a CHMG sports medicine physician for an exercise evaluation. Get a complete assessment of your strength, flexibility, range of motion and endurance. Then, work with your doctor to learn what you can do to prevent injuries.
See us before you begin an exercise program or new activity, after recovering from an injury, or when you’re looking for ways to safely push yourself to the next level of performance.
Services & Treatments We Offer
Rely on a CHMG sports medicine specialist for expert diagnosis and nonsurgical treatment of conditions affecting your bones, joints, muscles, tendons or ligaments. Take advantage of:
- Biomechanical evaluation – Assesses your movement, strength, flexibility and range of motion
- Casting, bracing and splinting –Immobilize and protect an injured area of your body while it heals
- Custom orthotics – Support failing arches, bunions, treat plantar fasciitis and help with chronic knee and back pain
- Exercise prescriptions, including recommendations for safe activity for those with chronic disease or special needs
- Exercise stress test – Measures the effect of exercise on your heart
- Gait analysis – Assesses the way you walk or run
- Joint injections – Relieve pain and inflammation
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound – Uses high-frequency sound waves to show the structure of your muscles, tendons and ligaments to aid in diagnosis and treatment options
- Muscle glycogen testing using MuscleSound technology.
- Osteopathic manipulative therapy (OMT) – Hands-on therapy that uses stretching, gentle pressure and resistance to promote muscle healing and mobility
- Sports Nutrition and performance
- Sports physicals and pre-participation exams (PPEs) – Determine whether you’re healthy enough to participate in sports