When you experience a condition that affects your ability to breathe, turn to a Cone Health Medical Group pulmonologist. Our board-certified lung and respiratory specialists have the experience and skills to treat complicated, long-term conditions, so you’ll breathe easier knowing that we’re caring for you.
Lung & Respiratory Conditions We Treat
Rely on a CHMG pulmonologist to diagnose and treat conditions such as:
- Allergies and asthma
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) in adults
- Asthmatic bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic cough
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) that impacts and interacts with pulmonary conditions
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Lung cancer
- Lung infections, including atypical mycobacterial disease
- Pleural diseases
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary sarcoidosis
- Sleep disorders
- Vocal cord dysfunction
- Venous thromboembolism (VTE)
Visit our health library to learn more about conditions that affect your lungs and airways.
Services & Treatments We Offer
Find a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic services and procedures for adults, including:
- Alternative ventilation – Helps you breathe
- Cardiopulmonary stress test – Measures the activity of your heart and lungs while you exercise
- Exercise physiology – Identifies potential causes for pulmonary issues related to exercise.
- Interventional bronchoscopy – Uses a thin, flexible tube (bronchoscope) to view your airways or perform certain treatments with the aid of special small tools
- Pulmonary function testing (PFT) – Assesses how well your lungs work
- Medication management – Treats your symptoms or condition
- Smoking cessation
- Tracheostomy care
Your care plan also may include Cone Health’s pulmonary rehabilitation program, which provides education, exercise and breathing training to control and alleviate symptoms and complications of pulmonary disease.
If surgery is the best treatment option for your lung condition, you’ll benefit from the skills and experience of CHMG cardiac and thoracic surgeons.
24/7 ICU Care
When you choose a pulmonologist from LeBauer Pulmonary, you’ll get care when you need it most. In 2007, we became the first pulmonary medicine practice in North Carolina to offer 24/7 physician monitoring of the intensive care unit. That means if you’re admitted to Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital, Wesley Long Hospital or Women’s Hospital, your pulmonologist will get complete, real-time information about your health. So you’ll benefit from early detection of emerging conditions, extremely rapid response, more accurate treatment and a shorter hospital stay.