If your child experiences a condition affecting his or her nervous system, trust Cone Health Medical Group’s experienced pediatric neurologists to provide specialized care close to home.
Your family will benefit from the advanced knowledge, personal commitment to care, and compassion of physicians certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology with special qualification in child neurology.
Conditions We Treat
Turn to a CHMG pediatric neurologist when your child experiences developmental or neurological conditions, such as:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental delays and disorders
- Headaches, including migraines
- Learning and behavioral conditions that affect school
- Muscle weakness
- Tic disorders, including Tourette syndrome
Services & Treatments
Get an accurate diagnosis and a personalized care plan to help your child meet the goals you set together. Depending on your child’s specific condition, your doctor may recommend:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) interpretations
- Intrathecal baclofen (ITB) therapy℠ – Reduces muscle stiffness and tightness with medication delivered by an implanted medical device (baclofen pump)
- Lumbar puncture (spinal tap) – Takes a sample of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) to help diagnose nervous system disorders or other conditions
- Neurological evaluations – Evaluates your child’s central nervous system through a series of tests, most of which are painless and performed in the physician’s office
- Vagal nerve stimulation (VNS Therapy®) – Uses an implanted device to prevent seizures
Your First Visit
You’ll need a physician’s referral for specialty care at Cone Health Child Neurology. We’ll schedule your first appointment as soon as possible—usually within a month of your referral. Your child must come with you to all appointments.
Please bring the following items to your child’s first appointment:
- Completed paperwork (We’ll mail this to you when you make your appointment.)
- Insurance card and copay
- All of your child’s medications, including over-the-counter medications
With Cone Health Medical Group, you can count on safe, consistent care because your pediatric neurologist stays in touch with your child’s primary care physician. With Cone HealthLink, your pediatrician or family doctor and other CHMG specialists have secure, immediate access to your child’s medical record so they’ll always have a current, complete picture of your child’s health.