Behavioral & Developmental Pediatrics
If you or your pediatrician is concerned about your child’s development or behavior, find family-centered support and comprehensive services at the Cone Health Developmental and Psychological Center, part of the Cone Health Medical Group network.
Our interdisciplinary team includes child psychologists and developmental-behavioral pediatricians— doctors who focus on evaluating and caring for children with a wide range of developmental, behavioral, and learning difficulties. We’ll work together with your family to help your child reach his or her full potential.
Conditions We Treat
Turn to us for help with a wide range of behavioral and developmental conditions, including:
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Attention and behavioral disorders, including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Developmental disorders
- Learning disorders
- Mood disorders, including depression and anxiety
- Tic disorders, including Tourette syndrome
Evaluations & Assessments
Your child will begin with an individualized assessment so your CHMG provider can make an accurate diagnosis and create the best care plan for your child and your family. Ask about:
- Independent educational evaluations (IEE) – Provide information about your child’s educational needs
- Neurodevelopmental evaluations – Assess your child’s cognitive skills and overall brain function through a series of games and activities
- Psychological evaluations – Assess your child’s social, emotional and behavioral abilities
- Strength needs assessment – Evaluates your child’s strengths and needs to help with planning for school, support services, transitions, or career and vocational training
Services We Offer
Your CHMG provider will work closely with your family and your child’s school to help your child learn and develop. Depending your child’s specific condition, his or her care plan may include:
- Individual and family therapy – Help your child and your family change behavior to meet specific goals, such as modifying a certain behavior or improving social skills
- Parent education – Helps you understand your child’s condition and how to best help him or her work toward reaching his or her potential
- School behavior consultations – Provide recommendations to help your child reach his or her goals at school
If your child or teen needs short-term round-the-clock care for emotional or substance abuse issues, you’ll find a safe inpatient environment designed just for children ages five to 17 at Cone Health Behavioral Health Hospital.
With Cone Health Medical Group, you can count on safe, consistent care because your developmental-behavioral health specialists stay in touch with your child’s primary care physician. With Cone HealthLink, your pediatrician or family doctor and other CHMG specialists have secure, immediate access to your child’s medical record so they’ll always have a current, complete picture of your child’s health.