If you or a loved one experiences a neurological disorder, you want an experienced physician who offers skilled care, comfort and hope. You’ll find all three close to home from a board-certified Cone Health Medical Group neurologist.
Neurological Conditions We Treat
Turn to a CHMG specialist for conditions affecting the brain and nervous system, including:
Visit our health library to learn about conditions that affect the brain and nervous system.
Diagnosing Your Condition
Trust your CHMG neurologist to accurately diagnose your condition so you can get the right treatment. At your first appointment, your doctor will ask about your symptoms, review your medical history and physically examine you.
Depending on your symptoms, your doctor may recommend diagnostic tests to help identify or rule out certain conditions. Common neurological tests include:
- Electromyography (EMG) – Helps determine the cause of muscle weakness by measuring the response of muscles and nerves to electrical activity
- Nerve conduction velocity (NCV) – Assesses nerve damage by showing how fast electrical signals move through a nerve
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) – Measures the brain’s electrical activity
- Evoked potential (EP) tests – Measure the brain’s electrical activity in response to stimulation of specific sensory nerve pathways
- Visual evoked response (VER)
- Brainstem auditory response (BAER)
- Somatosensory evoked potentials (SEP)
Treatments We Offer
Your CHMG neurologist will work with you, your family and your primary care provider to develop the best treatment plan for you. Depending on your condition, you may benefit from:
- Botox® injection therapy – Reduces involuntary muscle spasms or pain
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) therapy – Helps control motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease by placing electrodes in targeted areas of the brain
- Intrathecal baclofen (ITB) therapy℠ – Reduces spasticity with medication delivered by an implanted medical device (baclofen pump)
If surgical treatment is your best option, we’ll refer you to a Cone Health neurosurgeon. You’ll experience an easy, seamless transition to this specialized care because Cone Health and CHMG share a secure electronic medical records system.
Physical Therapy for Neurological Conditions
When you experience a neurological disorder or injury, physical therapists and other rehabilitation specialists can help you:
- Move more easily and with less pain
- Improve balance and coordination
- Restore or maintain range of motion
- Your neurologist and rehab team will coordinate care so you get the best treatment for your specific condition. Learn more about CHMG’s physical medicine & rehabilitation services.
Many CHMG neurologists are leaders in research, training and technology, so you’ll benefit from the knowledge of specialists who apply the most advanced treatments for neurological conditions.