As a person living with a heart condition, you may take anti-clotting medications such as Coumadin® (warfarin), Pradaxa®, Xarelto® or Eliquis® to reduce the possibility of blood clots or stroke.
Anticoagulation Care: How You Benefit
To make sure you remain safe from complications or unwanted reactions, anticoagulation care at Cone Health Medical Group HeartCare helps you monitor your health and your medications.
How the Program Works
During each visit, you get individual attention and evaluation in several areas, including:
- Whether you take the correct dose of the correct medication at the correct time
- Any complications or unwanted effects you may experience
- Newly started or recently discontinued medications that may change the approach to your care
- Dietary changes that may affect the level of medication in your blood
- Other issues that may require changes to your medications
Based on this comprehensive review, you’ll receive personalized recommendations—verbally and in writing—about your medications and their doses. Your CHMG HeartCare anticoagulation team helps make it as easy as possible for you to stay well as you use your medications safely.