Advanced Heart Failure Care
Do you or a loved one live with heart failure? Improve your quality of life and avoid unnecessary hospital admissions through the helpful education you’ll receive as a participant in the Advanced Heart Failure program at Cone Health Medical Group HeartCare.
Advanced Heart Failure: How You Benefit
Get comprehensive, individualized heart care from our multidisciplinary team at Cone Health Medical Group HeartCare. We care for you as a whole person and assist you with all aspects of your well-being, including important diet and lifestyle changes that may be necessary for long-term success.
Take advantage of advanced treatment options and receive counseling about the possibility of heart transplant or mechanical circulatory support (MCS) devices that provide additional support for people with weakened hearts.
Under the leadership of Daniel Bensimhon, MD, certified heart failure cardiologist, our outpatient clinic location in the Heart and Vascular Center on The Moses H. Cone Hospital campus offers appointments Monday through Friday. And you’ll enjoy convenient parking, including complimentary valet parking.
Do I Qualify to Participate?
You may be an excellent candidate to participate in the Advanced Heart Failure program through a referral from your primary care provider or cardiologist if you:
- Have been discharged from the hospital with a primary diagnosis of heart failure and you don’t have a seven-day follow-up appointment with your primary care physician or cardiologists
- Have new-onset severe heart failure or cardiomyopathy
- Need close monitoring and calculation of your heart failure medications
- Would benefit from extra heart failure education and close follow-up
- Have advanced heart failure and may be a candidate for mechanical circulatory support placement or transplant
- Have pulmonary hypertension
Talk with your primary care doctor or cardiologist to learn more about what’s best for you and ask for a referral, if appropriate.
The comprehensive heart failure program at Cone Health Heart and Vascular Center has earned a three-year accreditation from the Society for Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC).