You count on your family doctor for everything from preventive health care to relief from the latest stomach bug. At Cone Health Medical Group, you and your family benefit from experienced physicians who are dedicated to providing comprehensive care that keeps you feeling your best every day.
Coordinated, Patient-Centered Care
Your CHMG family doctor gets to know you—your preferences, your family, your beliefs and your cultural values. That way, you can work together to choose care that fits your medical needs and your lifestyle.
Following the medical home model, your CHMG family practitioner serves as your “home base” for care. You can count on safe, consistent care because your physician will stay in touch with your specialists. With Cone HealthLink, your family doctor and other CHMG specialists have secure, immediate access to your medical record so they’ll always have a current, complete picture of your health.
Family Medicine Services
Think of your CHMG family doctor as your go-to source for prevention, early detection, and treatment or management of physical and behavioral health issues. See your provider for:
- Regular checkups and screenings
- Immunizations, including flu vaccines
- School, sport, camp and employment physicals
- Healthy lifestyle counseling
- Diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Management of chronic health conditions
- Medication management
- Women’s care, including Pap smears
- Men’s care, including PSA tests
- Referrals to specialty care
Specialty Care from Your Family Doctor
Some CHMG family practitioner also offer specialty care, so you can get treatment from a familiar face when you need care for:
- Behavioral health conditions, such as anxiety and depression
- Diabetes and other endocrine (hormonal) disorders
- Digestive health issues, such as heartburn
- Ear, nose and throat conditions, including ear infections
- Pulmonary (lung and breathing) disorders, such as asthma
- Skin conditions, including acne, eczema and rashes
- Sports injuries, joint pain and arthritis
- Urinary tract infections and other urological conditions
In addition, our network includes family physicians who provide:
- Specialized care for older adults, including balance and memory assessments
- Specialized care for new immigrants
- FAA pilot medical certification
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exams
See our provider directory to find a doctor who specializes in the care you’re looking for.
Care Where & When You Need It
With 94 family medicine providers in 24 practices across five central North Carolina counties, you’ll find a CHMG practitioner close to where you live or work.
When you or your family member experiences an illness or injury, you benefit from quick access to your doctor. Many CHMG family physicians offer same-day sick care, and some offer Saturday appointments or extended weekday hours.
The CHMG network also encompasses three conveniently located urgent care centers.
See our locations directory to learn more about each office’s location, hours and services.
Spanish Language Services
If you speak primarily Spanish, you’ll enjoy the ability to discuss your health with a Spanish-speaking family doctor at the Cone Health Family Medicine Center.
Accessible Health Care
If you’re underinsured—meaning you don’t have enough health benefits to cover your medical costs—find financial assistance to get the care you need at Cone Health Family Medicine Center. The Family Medicine Center also accepts Medicaid.