Return to Provider Search Results
Olu Jegede, MD
Specialties and/or Subspecialties
A minimum of 30 patient surveys is required before rating is statistically significant for publication.
Board certified in internal medicine and pediatrics, Olu Jegede, MD, is the inaugural care division medical director for Cone Health’s Community Care Services. In this role, he leads the Community Health and Wellness Center, Transitional Care Clinic, Patient Care Center and Renaissance Family Medicine Center. Also, with a focus on patient safety and quality of care, he directs the division’s future expansion efforts into other health care services for the underserved across Cone Health.
He champions the delivery of quality care and has a special interest in medical education and research. He is involved in an ongoing research partnership with North Carolina A&T University to identify a diabetic nephropathy biomarker among African-American males.
“I am proud to work with a team of dedicated providers and staff members to…prevent unnecessary hospital admissions and keep our patients healthy. Serving the patients of our community is not limited to the clinic. It comes in many forms. I am honored to provide care one-on-one, while also partnering with area committees to address the health care needs of our population.” – Olu Jegede, MD
- Ahmadu Bello University College of Human Medicine
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, Healthcare Administration
- Hurley Medical Center
Teaching or Professional Positions
- Certified Physician Executive, Certifying Commission in Medical Management
- American College of Healthcare Executives, President, Triad Chapter
- American Association for Physician Leadership
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics